Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Of Blogging Kindred Spirits




Tom and Naomi went online two years before I did. 

Those were back in the days when I believed the modern online world was certainly not for me. I made assumptions based on what other people told me rather than making up my own mind after checking facts. 

But then I got some sense.

I went online for myself and discovered more kindred spirits in one year than I'd found in the previous 40.

And everything changed. 

I stopped thinking of myself as a, well, freak of nature and the only person left on Earth who actually respected June Cleaver, enjoyed being an apron-wearing homemaker and who took notes from 1930's woman's magazines while humming along to Big Band tunes.

I'd always been like that. As a child I was out of kilter with friends from school, church, the neighborhood and even my own family. Only rarely would I find someone a tad like me. Most times, people shook their heads or gave me lectures about how I, really, should become more like everyone else, even throwing in Bible verses to prove their point(!)

But then, as I said, I went online and found other vintage-loving folks like myself.  At last we've found each other and at least we are happy in our own little retro world.  ツ

Yesterday, thanks to MN, I found yet another nut--, uh, kindred spirit. She is Amy and lives on Petticoat Lane in Blogland. Her post/essay, Modern Retro Housewives made my heart sing and dance and even more free to be the Retro Housewife I truly am.

And for those of you dear kindred spirits who visit with me here in my retro Blogland home, I just had to share Modern Retro Housewives with you. After all, the best things in life are meant to be shared, especially with ones friends.



******

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast,
afterward having my breakfast coming yet again to read further news.