Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Bit More Normal


Today feels more normal for me. I'm sure your prayers have helped--thanks!

While still in my robe this morning, I rearranged my tower room and this picture shows my favorite corner. 

Last Tuesday, Tom and I finished watching, Waking Up Wally. We both loved it-- extremely. It's the true story about Walter (Wally)Gretzky, father of hockey great, Wayne Gretzky. In the 90's he suffered a stroke and this movie is taken from his book about his long road back--or rather--the new road he's had to pave following the stroke. 

Tom and I cried (in a good way) through the whole thing and we both give it thumbs up--way up! There's some language (which our TV Guardian was unable to remove), but the rest of it is inspiring, enough to nudge anyone forward anyone struggling with self-pity.

Tom McCamus, the man who played Wally--wow! If I were handing out awards I'd hand him many. Only toward the end of the film did my brain remind me that Mr. McCamus, in real-life, did not suffer a stroke. His performance was that good, that incredible, and after reading a few reviews, it appears I'm not the only person who thought so.

No comments: