Sunday, October 22, 2006

It Was A Dark and Stormy Night...


...so I took pictures of my tower room.

And yes, my camera came with a flash feature, but if I used it, you'd be able to see more clearly the dreadful curtains (which I'm trying to replace). And besides, that stark light just ruins the whole cozy effect on this, as I said, dark and stormy night, complete with rain lashing at the windows.


Have you ever seen the movie, Holiday, with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn? Well, the playroom in that film has the feeling, the aura, of what I'd like for this tower room. (If you're familiar with the Melendy family of The Saturdays, the playroom in Holiday is the fleshed-out version of it, down to the piano and trapeze. One has to wonder if Elizabeth Enright was inspired by Holiday's playroom and wrote about it a couple years later--watch Holiday and judge for yourself.)

Anyway, considering I have none of the furnishings of either Holiday or la playroom de la famille Melendy, it looks like my imagination will be exercised to the maximum.

But that's a good thing. It's usually an enchanting thing when I can look at things through the eyes of my imagination and be just as pleased as if I were peering through at the perfect room in the house of someone else.

Not to mention it's always a lot less expensive that way.



******

No comments: