Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Need More Autumn?


I'm wondering if any of you need more Autumn. (Don't we all?).

Maybe you live in the big city and get only a rare glimpse of Fall's colors or perhaps you're house-bound and cannot take country drives. Maybe you just can't get enough of this time of year no matter what you see or do.

Well, I have some Autumn to offer you and you can enjoy it any time of the year and from your very home.

It's a video called Autumn Portrait, re-issued by Windham Hill in 2000. Naomi gave it to me for Christmas two years ago and it's lovely. It's like taking a drive out in the Vermont countryside in the morning or  stepping through golden fields surrounded by trees bursting with color all while beautiful music plays.

You can find the video very, very cheaply here. And the dvd is here. Since the re-issued video is now 6 years old you might want to get the dvd. Though--actually-- I think my own video is from 1985 (!) and it still works fine. (But then, I'm not picky about having an extremely clear picture).

I love to watch this dreamy video during my morning quiet time and I also pull it out when I'm so in the mood for a country drive, but Tom isn't. I can still take my country drive, even from the comfort of my own chair. 

As you know already, I am big on spending less energy on complaining and more on creating what I want or need so hey, I thought I'd let you know about this year-around gift of Autumn.

And speaking of road trips (my last post)-- Is anyone else enjoying Oprah and Gayle's Big Adventure as much as Tom and I are? We look forward to it each Tuesday and we laugh through the whole hour. I'm even taping them. (If you are an Oprah-hater, please don't tell me. I'd rather not know.)

I am so blessed to have a husband who enjoys watching many of the same programs I do. 

Of course, he also likes to watch violent war movies (and football, golf and racing) and nature films where animals tear each other to bloody pieces. And well, uh, I do not! But you know? I don't like to concentrate on our differences--I'd much rather just feel grateful for our commonalities.

It makes Life a heck of a lot sweeter.



******

No comments: