Monday, July 17, 2006

Veering Away From Legalism (Again)




The nights are not even cooling down now. We go from hot to less hot.

I don't take walks in the mornings and I'm gaining back the weight I'd lost. Well, partly my excuse has been that I twisted both my ankles ten days ago, but they became near normal last Friday, so that excuse expired days ago.

So there I was this morning having my quiet time and thinking that really, I should be outside this minute, instead, taking my walk or pulling weeds in the backyard. But this nagging voice said, "Now, Debra, you must have your quiet time first before all that! You must!"

But after that strict voice, came a gentler, quieter voice. "You're going legalistic on Me again. I am flexible. I know about summer and I know you inside and out--how you are physically unable to stand the heat and humidity. How you can only do your housework and errands early morning or late evening. I'm not a tyrant. So you can move your quiet time to the stillest, most restful part of the day and I'll be ok with that, especially if you consciously bring Me with you wherever the hours before or after take you."

What a relief.

God is so good, kind, and knows me what I can handle--and what I cannot. Whew.


******

No comments: