Friday, September 30, 2011

Sometimes the Most Spiritual Thing We Can Do Is...


So I received an email from a dear online friend who reads my blog and she said:

"Now that things are falling in place and working out, I am looking forward to more of your great inspirational writing."

I laughed and said aloud, "So am I." Heh.

Hey, I know these latest posts haven't been, well, extremely 'spiritual'. I'd been thinking the same thing lately. But you know? Often it's like what Joyce Meyer said years ago: "Sometimes, the most spiritual thing you can do is take a nap."

Oh my, amen to that, because, hey! We can run around doing all these things for God and totally forget that these human bodies need rest. And sunshine, healthy food, exercise and time with friends--and fun.

And lately God has reminded me that--sometimes--the most spiritual thing I can do is just live what He has taught me. Put gratitude into practice. Do nice things secretly, without blogging about them, walk around the house, humming happy little songs.

Other times, the most spiritual thing I can do is show Tom I love him by watching a movie with him. Going a whole day without nagging him about anything and not rolling my eyes when he forgets to do something I asked.

And sometimes the most spiritual thing I can do is feed the backyard birds while reminding myself that God will know when each of them falls and dies (at least, the Bible says He will).

Well, you get the idea. 

Someday my posts will sound like they used to, but for right now? I'm just splashing around in gratitude. Because, oh dear, the first part of 2011 felt so very bad for me, yet now--even with all our rain--the sun shines 24/7 within my heart. 

And to me, that is huge and all I can think to write about at this moment of Time.


***

3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Today I took the nap :) .. and it was good. God has stepped in and has spoken the very same message in my life. Thank you for writing this post.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Beautiful outlook on what is also an aspect of spirituality...daily life with its daily routine.

Marie

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Oh, Debra, I am so happy to hear all this good news about the way you are feeling now. So much has happened. You have accomplished so much. Moving, and all that entails, takes enormous strength and energy and you and Tom have done that and are settling in to your new life. More naps sound very wise!