Monday, May 09, 2011

Photos From The Farm



Tap tap tap.... Is this thing on?

Heh. (I've always wanted to say that.)

Anyone want to see some photos of my world? In the one above, I've been adding more color to our patio. Some people can make shades-of-white-on-shades-of-white look all dreamy, Victorian and magical. I am not one of those people. So, alas, I'm slowly adding color.


Took this one today. Don't you just love the light of noontime sunshine?


But early evening light is nice, too. Took this one late yesterday of the sunny side of the house (as I call it).

Also yesterday evening--the magnolia tree all glowy.

Now look closely--there's a baby rabbit in that photo; he's part of the family who lives beneath our woodpile outside of the kitchen window. Oh, those babies are adorable! (And more animals around here whose safety we worry about. Alas.)

And here's one of the amazing Canadian geese who often visit our yard. Yesterday he and the wife strolled side by side, taking a leisurely Sunday stroll past our winter lake and down through our neighbor's yard beneath overhanging trees. So sweet.

And finally our forsythia bush a few days ago.

Hope you enjoyed the tour! :)

9 comments:

Judy said...

Beautiful!

Pat said...

Thanks for the next best thing to being there! It looks so inviting!

Pearl said...

What more do you need and lots of wild life to boot. Nice tour love your pink tree, is it a dogwood?

Anonymous said...

Lovely...and that gorgeous green grass!!

Elizabeth in NC

Unknown said...

Wonderful Debra, always great to get a look around. Spring is so great.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Dreamy..really..I love your little corner of the world :-)

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Always love pics, from bloggers. Inside or outside. Both are great. :-)

Btw, the pic today, of my little back yard, is taken from the patio door. So I see this, all the time, from my favorite chair. And I love it. When it's neat, that is. Not when the entire "garden area" is covered with Binder Weed though. -sigh-

The other part of the back yard, is taken up by the pool area, in case it's confusing... :-) Kinda' weird, but it's always been ok.

Oh and thank you for saying there are mosquito-get-away things, without Deet! Please, could you tell me the name of what you use? It's easier to find something, when you can ask about it, by name.

Thank you! Because I am loved, loved, loved by mosquitos and all biting flying insects! Weird! My son in law is too, so it's not just a female thing. Yuck! :-)))))

Gentle hugs...

Ann said...

I did enjoy the tour!! Have a wonderful day, week, weekend......

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

You have a lot of beauty around your place!! Thanks for sharing with us! Lisa :O)