Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day!


One of my favorite days of the year!

Why? It's such a terrific time to show appreciation toward friends and to recall the importance of friendship.

I truly hope you didn't think, after my last post, that I no longer value friendship! No, friends still mean so much to me, but I no longer place extreme pressure upon them to keep me 'fixed' and happy. (And boy, are they relieved about that!)

From these verses, below, it's simple to see God places friends in our lives for special, specific purposes. After reading them this morning, I felt grateful (more than usual) for the friends God's given me.

So here you go... May these words and the lessons they teach bring you smiles and thankfulness for your own friends as you celebrate this wonderful Valentine's Day!


"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."   ... Proverbs 27:17

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"   ... Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."   ... John 15:12-15

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harms."   ... Proverbs 13:20

"One who is righteous is a guide to his neighbor, but the way of the wicked leads them astray."   ... Proverbs 12:26


*********

***
Happy Valentine's Day to each of you, my friends, who have encouraged me so very often!

***


***

Aww... I enjoyed this story about a super-delayed post card!

***

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Valentine's Day Debra! Yes friends are very important and I believe that God does bring people into our lives when we need them or they need us. I am very grateful he brought you into mine!

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Debra. Love the post card story, too. Thanks for always encouraging us. Joyce

Marsha Young said...

Excellent verses! And a very happy Valentine's day to you, too.

Rosemary said...

It's been a pleasure getting to know you through your blog, Debra. Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

I am almost too late to wish you a Happy Valentines Day !! :-) The day is almost over! I hadn't been on line till now. You have certainly become a welcome part of my life for sure. Hope your day was a good one!! :) Sarah

Robin in New Jersey said...

Thank you for the valentine, Debra!

Anonymous said...

Well, twas 41 years ago we got engaged on that date (hubby felt it had to be that day so he would always be able to remember...ha!) We were busy traveling and being with kin...so was an ok day. Hope yours was good too.
Elizabeth in VA now