Monday, February 11, 2013

Oh, That I Had Wings...


"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest--"  ... Psalm 55:6



That's the current verse playing inside my head. For months.

Even before I bought the book, One Nation Under Attack.

Even before I found this blog (which has returned me to thinking America is Mystery Babylon).

For the record, I believe the financial bottom of America will drop out within in the next 2 or 3 years. 

For the record, Tom and I are asking God to help us prepare in all ways for that and all else which will happen in the meantime and afterward.

Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away next week to a state with policies less opposed to God's, even though I've loved Buffalo for 20 years. But oh, this worldly New York way of viewing life...

Ack. There's this darn urgency inside the deepest layers of my heart... And may Tom and I choose the right timing in which to obey what we--and thousands of others-- are hearing. In whatever varied ways God chooses to lead us all.

This is presently where my head and heart are and in the months to come I'll try to keep a balance here in my blog. A balance of differing subjects and stories and things upbeat. But today I'm just letting you know that..... if I had the wings of a dove I would fly away and be at rest... someplace else.

In the meantime though, I'll stay here, continue my many preparations and find my rest in Him.

********

Why mention any of this? And why not keep it to myself lest some of my readers find me, well, cuckoo? This is partly why:

 "... if you fail to tell them to change their ways, then they will die in their sins, and I will hold you responsible for their deaths.
But if you warn them to repent and they don't repent, they will die in their sins, but you will have saved yourself." Ezekiel 33:9

And I'm not even concentrating on the 'repent part'. I'm leaving that up to God mostly. 

Rather, if things truly do go all dicey someday, I would hate for God to tell me, "And you never even warned anybody of this in your blog." 

For me, that would be the highest form of disaster.

So there you go. Do with this what you will... as will I. 

**********


These types of posts also keep me on my toes. I'm finding them in all sorts of places now, nearly always after I've already heard the same rumblings within my own head in the quiet places here at Hobbit Cottage. Pondering.... so much pondering within my heart lately.

*********

Prepare... prepare... prepare...


********


4 comments:

Echoes From the Hill said...

I've also been feeling nervous about the economy, and society as a whole.
It is amazing how morals have changed in the past few decades.

We also stock up on food, make sure we have no car payments or mortgage, and stay debt free.

Our income has declined about 50 percent in the last year, but because we have no debt, we don't feel the pinch.

Years ago, I took out a home equity loan, paid off the balance on the mortgage and paid off the loan in five years. It took 11 years off of the mortgage. I drove a paid for, 12 year old car until I could save enough to pay cash for a one year old car with 17,000 miles on it. It was still under warrantee. It had been a rental car and was well maintained.

People who want to survive another deep recession or even depression, are going to have to change the way they spend, and learn to live on less.

Good post!

nancyr

Rita said...

I am thankful for a place to go and learn from those with like thinking. I don't know what is true and what is not but like you I feel an urgency to prepare to scale down, cut back, be happy with less. Most of these things we have done for quite some time. I like to watch Claire's video's on depression cooking. We may need to know some of these things. I mend again. Sew again and enjoy it. Cook our meals at home. Even though we share a meal when we go out I am surprised how much we save when I cook at home. If we have a little left over I freeze it. Many times there is enough left for one more meal when something is added like butter bread or crackers or a few veggies. If not a little beef goes a long way to make beef and noodles. Thanks Debra for letting us know that you are preparing so we don't feel strange about it.

Anonymous said...

GOD's timing in all things...HE does know the desires of our hearts. We can trust HIM. IF we obey!! There is only 1 really safe place to be...wherever HE puts us. I encourage everyone who loves HIM to begin by reading ALL the Bible, and really dig into it yourself, with some "helps" to read the original language if need be (there are free places online to help with that)...even in English you may see things in CONTEXT that no one ever taught in church...at least not in our generation.

Interesting links, Debra. Thanks.
I have sent an email with more you might like.
Blessings, Elizabeth in VA now

Anonymous said...

Kind of puts a different slant on preparing. Even if we were only talking food and supplies to prepare with it is not just like preparing for a layoff. How do you prepare for Something the like of that has never happened before? I am not leaving out waiting till He tells you what to prepare for or how or whatever. I do understand He will guide too. It is though kind of mind blowing. I really felt like I was preparing for several years for something like this instead of just a downturn in the economy like we have seen before. I can't imagine this 'downturn' will be without calamity. People being as they are more so now a days. Add to that the scariness of it all and so many living hand to mouth only now let alone later. I am kind of thinking out loud. Are you feeling that we should though go about our lives as the Bible says like it was an ordinary day ? Thinking about near future times like we are now makes me double think before spending $ on frills. Could that $ be put towards preparedness instead? I do think like never before we need to reach out to neighbors etc. I know an older couple close with medical problems we keep an eye on already. I am the only believer in the family so that puts a different slant to work around on some things. I do have 3 relatives I can e-mail for prayer requests. That is why I am so happy for you and hopefully others who write here who both I hope have a solid foundation together in Christ.That is how it should be. Just random odd thoughts ... Sarah