Sunday, June 05, 2011

A Tiny House Video

A special thanks to Judy F. who sent me this video of a family who lives inside a (tiny!)320 sq. foot house. (Click 'Replay' if the video, at first, ends after about 10 seconds.)

Wow, could you live in such a tiny space? Before you answer, watch the video. You just may be surprised.

The parents even work out of a storage shed which sits beside their home on their mobile home space (which they rent for just $145).

Now, 320 sq. feet is a mighty small house and as Judy asked, where would one put her books? Great point! Here's what I would do: My business inside the storage shed would be a mail-order book business. I'd line all the walls with shelves and place hundreds of books upon them. Then I'd add a desk for the computer and a tiny table at which Tom could package all my book orders for me since he enjoys mailing packages and I can barely tolerate it.

Problem solved! I'd have my tiny house, a home business and enough room for all my books--and then some. (Isn't it fun to dream?)

Watch the video to see what the heck I'm talking about. I'd love to know what you think about it.



***********

Again, click 'Replay' if the video seems to end just as it begins.


***********

This video is helping me practically throw clutter out the window! I've reached the age (or the time in my life) when stuff is overwhelming me rather than making me happy. I'm so enjoying packing trinkets, books and clutter into boxes and carrying it out to our carport where--hopefully soon-- someone will haul it all away to Salvation Army.


****************

Oh! Looks like Brenda and I are thinking the same thoughts today. :)

6 comments:

Judy said...

I wouldn't want to do it, but that's just me. Getting rid of all my stuff wouldn't be the problem, it would be how stir-crazy I would get. Especially after a week of rain...

Julie in Texas said...

Organization is key! :) This post reminded me of this fantastic builder I saw on TV once: http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/
Check out his plans! I love his architectural detail.

Anonymous said...

Great link...and that led off to hours of looking at other interesting related topics too!!

THANKS!! And I am with you on the need to get rid of the clutter!!

Blessings, Elizabeth in NC

Unknown said...

I could easily get rid of the bulk of stuff Linda & I have accumulated and be very happy.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

So interesting........I don't know if I want to be so small, but smaller than where I am would be very good!

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I watched the video - I think it might be fine for one person but I just think it is to small for more than that. It was cute and helped me appreciate my space for sure. Our house ended up being 300 sq. ft less than what we had been told(what we were really looking for.)
Have a great day! Lisa :o)