Saturday, June 18, 2011

Never Lose Your Blogging Confidence



...  that's what I wrote near my computer when my favorite teacher said it. 

Although, she didn't say 'blogging confidence,' but rather, she spoke of any calling, gifting we may have. (But as I speak of blogging confidence, I want you to substitute your own calling, ok? Whether it be singing, rescuing animals, crafting, teaching, decorating, selling houses, mothering, knitting, gardening---.)

Frankly? Every three weeks (or so), satan taunts me to quit writing in this blog. He mutters, "Yeah, over a hundred people read your blog, but probably just 5 would care if you packed-up it all up and quit. They'd yawn and say, 'Oh well! It was pleasant while it lasted,' and then forget you.

Hmm. It can be rough hearing that.

So of course, I remind myself that, according to the Bible, I must be doing something right for satan (and my own insecurities) to nag me like that. 

God has specific plans for each of us! So of course satan desires that those plans get royally screwed-up. You know, so that everything remains in a sorry kind of chaos down here and no one feels loved and cherished by God.

So! For you and me, what remains is that we never lose our confidence in God's great love and power within us.

 Why not? It's rather like, "Never let them (animals and enemies, namely) smell your fear," because if you do--look out! They will attack and devour you and you'll fall down. You'll lack the confidence to walk boldly through scary places and you'll cower, hide, instead of helping people. 

You'll start doubting that you're obeying God at all and second-guessing every move you make. And frankly, though God can do anything, He finds it difficult to touch others powerfully through a double-minded, cowering, wimpy fraidy cat.

No, really. He does.  ツ

So never let fear sneak inside your gifting! Keep your godly confidence and let Him use you to heal this crazy hurting world. He's that big--when we let Him be.



************



Jeremiah 1:17


(God told Jeremiah--and us, today):

"Arise and tell them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed and break down at the sight of their faces, lest I confound you before them and permit you to be overcome."


(Oy!)

*****

'A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways." ... James 1:8


*****

Proverbs 31:18
"She tastes and sees that her gain from work [with and for God] is good; her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night [of trouble, privation, or sorrow, warning away fear, doubt, and distrust]."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good Debra, well said.

Anonymous said...

It does take courage to write in a public place!! I am not that brave...heehee...I have a friend who is sharing with a few what I write from time to time...which is at this time few and far between. My name is not on it either... because who I am matters not. One thing with a blog is how frequently you need to write...and I am not there yet...nor am I sure I ever will because you need a really thick skin sometimes. But blessings on you, brave lady!!

Blessings, Elizabeth in NC

Jammie J. said...

Satan is such a liar!

You minister to people you don't even know you minister to.

xo

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

Keep blogging, even if only for yourself, because surely you are learning a lot about yourself! It is brave to be open in public - sometimes it is hard to do even if you know you are the only one reading!

Laurie S.