Sunday, October 19, 2008

Emergency!

Well, kinda...

Tonight I found myself on the computer and in an odd mood so I recklessly switched to the new Blogger format (or whatever) and lost my blogroll(s). Sigh.

So if you were previously on my blogroll but aren't now--or if you would like to be on it-- please, please leave me your blog address in my comment box. I'll try to add you asap. Thanks so much!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post...




My poor, poor garden. The Attack of the Killer Frost finally took place last night.



But gracious! I've never before had a garden survive until October 18th. So oh well...Time to put it to bed and call it a summer. (The birdhouse was a yard sale find this weekend, a gift from my mom.)



I'm still working on our half-bath-maybe-someday. This tiny table was just $1 at a yard sale yesterday and I painted it when we arrived home. That's Tom's great-great-grandparents in the photo.


I re-tweaked the stuff on these shelves...just wasn't able to arrange objects of actual color, so I'm sticking to shades of white.


More weekend yard sale finds... the shelf, the mirror and the trash can (as always, this room looks much better in-person).



Love that kind of thing, even if it is just a trash can.



***

3 comments:

Flywithme said...

It's such a sad time when the frost finally gets them. It's very beautiful where you live. I can't wait till we are out on our acreage with all the beautiful trees!
Take care,
Salina

Pat said...

I did some tweaking on my blog and lost the blog roll too! Argggg!
I haven't cleaned up my garden, but I really need to, for sure this week though.
Love your little table, I found a similar one painted red, all chipped up and used, but I left it that way, because my family room has red in it.
I know what you mean about the trash can, I have one that was my grandmothers - everyone was surprised that I wanted it, but it too brings me joy!
Blessings on your week!
Pat
www.livingongrace.blogspot.com

diane said...

Hi Debra, as usual I'm loving the photos. Here's my blog
http://myfairladymysophia.blogspot.com anyone is welcome