Thursday, March 16, 2006

Birthday Reflections


Well, guess who is having another birthday today? Hmmm... didn't I just have a birthday around this same time last year?

Now, don't faint or throw-up or anything, but so far, I like this getting older stuff. I love being in my 40's. It's been my favorite decade so far in this journey. No, really.

Maybe that's because I've learned...

... throwing a tantrum or staying frustrated uses up a whole lot of energy I could have used in a better way...

... my days are more peaceful when I stop expecting people to be perfect or to make me happy...

... being kind is better than being right...

... fame is fleeting and so are lots of other things in Life, so why aim for things which will only disappear?

... the world will not break apart or explode if I take an afternoon nap...

... there's no place like home...

... winning an Ebay auction is only a temporary high... But God-given contentment lasts forever...

And right now it's not even 7:30 in the morning, but I already know this birthday is going to be a good one, simply because God is good.

So happy birthday to me.... happy birthday to me... happy birthday, dear Debra... happy birthday to me................................and many more.......



***
"No wise man ever wished to be younger."
Jonathan Swift

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
Abraham Lincoln

No comments: