Thursday, March 16, 2006

Birthday Reflections




Well, guess who's having another birthday today? 

Now, don't faint or throw-up or anything, but so far,  I love being in my 40's. It's been my favorite decade so far in this journey. No, really.

Maybe that's because I've learned--

--throwing a tantrum or staying frustrated uses up a whole lot of energy I could have used in a better, creative way.

--my days are more peaceful when I stop expecting people to be perfect or to make me happy...

--being kind is better than being right...


--the world will not break apart or explode if I take an afternoon nap.

--winning an Ebay auction is only a temporary high, but God-given contentment lasts forever.

And right now it's not even 7:30 in the morning, but already I know this birthday is going to be a good one, simply because God is good.

So happy birthday to me--and many more.  シ



******


"No wise man ever wished to be younger."
Jonathan Swift

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
Abraham Lincoln


******

No comments: