Friday, January 12, 2007

Our Post Office, Our Newspaper


I've never before shown you our post office, so here it is. Built in 1913, imo, all post offices should look just like this. シ

Inside, there's honey-colored oak, some of it rounded over glass in front of the doors, marble slabs and stairs, intricate moldings and crown moldings, glass cases with 'Bulletins' etched in the oak above them and old sepia photos of the original construction in its phases. You don't even mind standing in line forever because of what surrounds you. 

Well, I don't mind (too much, that is).

Anyway, speaking of my town, here are some of the often-a-hoot items in our newspaper's Sound Off. Sound Off is where you can call in/email (and complain about) about what's happening locally/nationally. 

It's my favorite part of our paper and lately? Probably the only part I read anymore. Maybe you'll see why by these few examples--  ツ


I was driving by the high school the other day and I saw these girls running around in skirts and what not. I hope they were 18.

•••


I’m sure everybody knows what the next endangered species is going to be and that’s snowmen. As in, Frosty the Snowman. With this global warming every snowman on the planet is endangered. Can’t get in trouble for that.


•••


The _______ High School recently performed its Christmas Candlelight Concert at the OLC church. The program was excellent, the church was beautiful and the family and friends of the performers enjoyed the program. But why did the one _______ High School student keep his hat on in the house of worship throughout the performance?


***


I hope the politicians in the next Congress can actually get around to addressing the surveillance mind control chip, which right now is a national, not global, problem. Who is going to expose these monsters who want to control the whole world? I was really hoping they would have the foresight for future generations to come and see the suffering these monsters are allowed to succeed. It’s common knowledge in New York there are 220,000 people, without their consent or knowledge, operating under the auspice of medical study.


***


I wanted to say, so what if I am on food stamps and have other people pay for things for me? Since when is it such a bad thing to be a freeloader? I just don’t really like working and I don’t see the point when other people can pay for me. I am still a human being and I deserve respect.


***

No comments: