Friday, March 23, 2012

Just Fluff



Lightweight stuff today.




Being a normal human being, I love getting stuff for free.  So see that photo, above? Those are just some of the things I've gotten free--totally free--from online.


Free shampoo, calendars, cologne samples, toothpaste and coupons for free items from the supermarket. Free laundry detergent samples, an issue of The Good Old Days, 3 cappucino packets, breakfast cereal, a Woman's Day subscription for a year, travel guides and tea bags.


And my favorites? Twelve free hot chocolate k-cups (yum! I just sliced them open since we don't have the 'correct' machine). Also, the sweet cookbooks along the bottom of the photo--they blessed my old-fashioned-lovin' soul.


Something else I love about this stuff? The vast majority is meant to be used, then the packaging, discarded. That means it doesn't all pile up around the house--and my new decluttering self loves that.


So how do I find these offers? They're sent to me by email. Just sign up here:


Shop 4 Freebies
Thunder FAP
Simple Deals
FreeFlys


Now, if an offer seems too complicated, too long (or invasive) of a form to complete or if you must promise to give them your first born child, well, I skip it. If I must give my correct phone number, I pass by that offer, too. And I never, ever do any offers where a credit card is required. Never.


So there you go! Why not hop over to those sites and sign-up today. I must admit, during these months when Tom and I have seriously cut back on any unnecessary spending, it's become a delight to step out to the mailbox and discover treats inside. Makes me skip into the house with a smile.






**********************









And here's your other lightweight item for the day. 


Anyone remember The Patty Duke Show from the 1960's? Well, did you know they made a reunion movie a few years ago? It's called The Patty Duke Show: Still Rockin' in Brooklyn Heights, and if you have Netflix you can watch it instantly. 


Now, is it, like, the most incredible movie ever made? Uh, not even close. heh. But don't you just love to see how dear ol' favorite actors have aged and then watch them interact with each other, imagining the fun they must have had being together again? Well, I do. :)


So there you go.






*********************

3 comments:

K.E. said...

Was that the show where Patty played "identical cousins"? I watched it on Nickelodeon or TV Land - one of those. I didn't know they made a movie.

Free stuff is fun! :)

Debra said...

K.E.-- Yep, that was the show. Patty played both Patty and her cousin, Cathy. I remember watching it in reruns when I was probably 10 or so, then on one of the stations you mentioned, then again when we lived in the farmhouse a couple years ago. Anyway, some of the episodes were great retro fun.

Yes, free is terrific! :)

Blessings, Debra

Echoes From the Hill said...

You are right, it is fun going to the mailbox and seeing free stuff.
It's like a little gift, and makes you feel like there are ways to cut down your costs.
nancyr