Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Lawn

So I'm sure you recall my sorry complaining about the huge lawn back on the ol' farm. How you could practically stand at the window and watch it grow. How, if you waited one full week to mow it again, it grew so long that it made the whole house and property appear abandoned.

Those acres of lawn grew at an illegal speed just to spite us.

Well, here at Hobbit Cottage we may not have watercolor trees, but oh my! We have a magic lawn.

Seriously.

I mean, look at this photo of our backyard:





That lawn has not been mowed in over five weeks!! Truly! (Would I lie to you?) Now ok, it's not pretty like one from House Beautiful, but hey! Even after the tons of rain we've had in the month we've lived here, our lawn has barely grown. It just kinda sits there all contented in that shade-thing we've got going. Contented to just be, not to have to astound anyone by its growth each day.

Oh happy, happy day. I told you God led us here. He wanted to give us the perfect house and a break from three years of The Lawn That Would Not Stop Growing.

He is so good.




**********

Now, nobody go all home owner's association police on me. I have my excuses as to why I've not yet mowed the lawn, most of those excuses being Tom's fault. heh. But alas! Tomorrow is the day I'll finally mow the lawn here at Hobbit Cottage. I promise.



********

4 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Wonderful lawn! Paul never fertilized our lawn. He always said, "Why would you want to encourage it?"

Debra said...

Kristi--oh, that's just what I was thinking yesterday! Paul was a wise man. :) Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

I was thinking since you had all that land at your other house, 4 acres you said it was and now living in a tiny house that has a tiny yard and neighbours being so close to your house, it must be a humbling experience.

It might also just be that sometimes in one's life...Less is more as the saying goes.

Marie

Debra said...

Marie--actually? It's an amazing experience. I absolutely love living like this because everyday feels like playing house, plus, I have all the time in the world to do everything I want to do. It felt like such a waste out on the farm to spend all those hours mowing the lawn when I could have been doing lots of other things I enjoyed more, namely, encouraging other people. Took me only 15 minutes to mow the lawn today and I may not have to do it again for weeks. Truly in this case, less really *is* more. Blessings, Debra