Sunday, February 04, 2007

The 'Jesus Is Only The Bible' School




"...and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." ... Matthew 28:20


***

So there I was strolling around Blogland again, this time via the Share The Love Blog Award nominations. How amazing to have so many terrific blogs all on one page! 

And yet? It's like I stepped into the yard of a school, a way of thinking, where I was enrolled years ago. And there in the desks were those folks who believe that Jesus is a book. Just a bookThe Bible, that is. 

Oh dear.

And (they say) the only way to get to know Jesus (and hear from Him) is to read in the Bible what He said. Try getting to know Jesus or hear from Him any other way, and oh my! You're on dangerous, shaky, crazy-ground.

Well, let it be known, I un-enrolled from that school eons ago. This recent walk in Blogland gave me a quick peek in windows and then, with relief, I skipped away.

Ok, now--of course--I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, the book of all books! (In case you began hyper-ventilating, or anything.)

But I also believe Jesus is "lo, here with you (me) always..." 
I believe He's here by way of His amazing Holy Spirit and that He's my bridegroom and I am His bride. 
And where you have a bride and bridegroom, well, you have passion. And laughter, joy, communion, private times, fellowship, secrets, warm silences, friendship, conversations--
And more. So much more.

I might take my Bible along with me when I sit in a coffee shop downtown, but I also take Jesus with me -- and I sit with Him there at the table. 

Or at the movie theater, supermarket or driving our streets --or the best--when I'm home alone. Truly, because of Jesus I'm never alone-alone. 

I love that He's with me always and absolutely every place I am.

I'm glad I've changed schools because ever since? I've known a peace which passes understanding and a Friend like none other in all the land. And He and I have incredible times--together---getting to know each other better, day by day. Everywhere.


***

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me..." ... John 10:27

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things..." ... John 14:26

"The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." ... Revelation 22:17

No comments: