Monday, February 12, 2007

Bet You Can't Guess...


So back in the days when I used to be into crafting big-time, I made this faux turquoise necklace (which looks more turquoise-like in real-life and not as faded. Click to enlarge.). I will give you three-and-a-half seconds to guess what the turquoise-like-stuff really is, so let's count:

One potato.
Two potato.
Three potato.
Four.

Give up? They are pieces of potato! (Now, you can't say I didn't even give you a clue, because I did!)

Yes, I saw this idea on a craft show back in the old days when we used to have cable tv. You just cut up a potato and skewer each piece with a toothpick. Let it totally dry a few days and then paint with turquoise paint and a little black paint, too, and then string on clear fishing line (or the equivalent).

And no.... ten years later these are still not the least bit moldy nor do they smell funny.

(I just know you are asking.)

No comments: