Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!


A very happy new year to all my readers! May 2006 be a year of peace and a year of good changes for each of you (you do realize, don't you, that each year brings many changes whether we wish them to or not?).

As far as New Year's Resolutions go, I like to ask God which ones He wants me to make. So far He has given me only one for certain... I hereby resolve to stop visiting the God blogs which preach that life for Christians is just one long vale of tears and happiness is wrong/impossible/earthy and the joy of the Lord is wispy, mostly elusive and downright inappropriate most of the time.

Aw phooey! That kind of talk always reminds me of those tv cartoons you've seen where someone flying in the air is told that he can't possibly fly, so then he proceeds to fall. And well, I don't have the time to read words telling me I cannot possibly have what I already, in fact and in practice, do have. Life is too short to allow others to confuse or depress me and those kinds of blogs do sadden me when I think of everyone swallowing what they teach, hook, line and heavy sinker.

Well, like I said, that's the only resolution I have so far.

Again, happy new year and a very special thanks to each of you who left me encouraging and contemplative comments in 2005. I appreciate each thought and word more than you realize.
***

"...Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." ... Nehemiah 8:10

"But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits." ... Psalm 5:11

No comments: