Tuesday, July 21, 2009


Another favorite find from the countryside yard sales this weekend? The book, The Silence of The North. For only 25 cents I found one of the most amazing wilderness adventure books I'd ever read (and I've read many).

It's the true story of Olive Fredrickson up in the northern wild country of Canada, beginning at age nine in 1910. What a hard life! Made me want to stop my complaining. Also, it reminded me how wisdom can save our life... and a lack of wisdom can complicate it or even end it needlessly. (You'll have to read this book to see what I mean. Amazon.com has some inexpensive copies.)

Just had to mention this book... If you like rugged adventure books of life and travel up North and stories of man versus beast, well, you'll love this. I couldn't put it down.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

My mama had the book & we watched the movie a zillion times when I was a kid. :)