Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Need to Get Away From It All?




"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."   ...Jeremiah 29:13


*****


Every year since around 2005 I've sent you here for some December peace away from the insanity that is known as Christmastime. 

During those earlier Decembers I nearly camped there, me in my heavy black wool coat and fold-able chair and thermos of hot chocolate. I'd watch the ice skaters for a long, long time, listen to the music, then light the Christmas tree only after I felt refreshed, renewed, and ready to step again into Real Life.

But these past few Christmases? Well, I still hike to that serene place, yet not as often nor as desperately. The 'getaway need' just doesn't drive me like it used to. Along the way I learned to better follow Grace and, with God's help, ceased being a stressed-out, Calgon-take-me-away, nervous, seething mess.

Grace shows you how to stop creating avalanches of trouble. With her as Guide, you make better decisions, recall what's going right and start feeling sweet, calm and whole. 

And amazingly you find you can 'get away' anywhere-- on your couch or your dining room table or even in your own backyard. Doesn't matter. Searches for dreamy places of escape lessen or even cease because anyplace feels serene when God and Grace sit there with you. As long as they are who you seek, hike to, first--with all your heart.







*****

"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is styed on you because he trusts in You."   ...  Isaiah 26:3


A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked.








*****


Free Kindle book:



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love this post Debra ! It is exactly what I am doing this year. Even though I have a large family,that keeps growing, that depends on me to do" Christmas, I am taking it slower and enjoying it more!