Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happier Stuff


Oh my, yesterday was so very grey, but today! Blue, blue skies, tons of sunshine and 50 soft, spring-like degrees. Love it.

*****
I felt awed and amazed by the film showing official responders and regular folks running toward the danger in Boston so to help, rather than running away to safety(which is what chicken me would have done). Their courage inspired me to become a better, braver person and they've reminded me that tons of wonderful, helpful people still live in our Country.

Please, please don't grow bitter because of the terrible things you see on the news or within your own family or circle of friends, even--that will only result in a lack of love for mankind, generally. And without love? God says we are useless. Noisy. Not accomplishing anything lasting.

*****

My neighbor gave me a lilac bush in a pot this week. Guess I'd better get outside and start digging a place for it! I gave her one of the too-many dozen eggs I have in my refrigerator thanks to coupons.  :)


*****

I'm reading the fourth of the Cats In Trouble Mysteries by Leann Sweeney. These cozy mysteries have the perfect amount of drama and lightness and mentions of coffee and desserts. I sit at our dining room table in the sunshine and feel grateful while reading these, especially since they help keep me balanced. 

Too much pro-longed intensity in any area, even spiritual ones, is likely to result in brain explosion. heh. Or hey--at the very least-- burn-out... and then talk about useless!
                                                         
                                          ****

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."   ... Deuteronomy 31:6

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."   ... 1 Corinthians 13:1-3


"The law of kindness is upon her tongue." ... from Proverbs 31


*********


Can't get enough of small houses? You'll enjoy Brenda's post.


******

A passionate love for Jesus changes everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some ? reason I had never read the Heaven accounts. When the post was highlighted the other day I went and read..finally. Changed my life...just as you said it would. It even helped me get through the Boston Marathon tragedy. Love and kindness is the answer as we already knew but need to be reminded of. All of that is tied up in really knowing God. Thank you, thank you and did I say...thank you. Sarah

Bonnie said...

That's what I've been trying to concentrate on too, Debra. All the good people we saw flooding in and acting without even thinking. The opposite of evil. Today was disappointing when the news outlets announced erroneously that they had a suspect in custody, wasn't it.

I'm running over to the link about the small houses now....

A Joyful Chaos said...

Love that little yellow house, it looks as inviting as spring daffodils.

Blessings~

Deborah Raney said...

Great thing to resolve: run TOWARD other's trouble to help. I too want to be more courageous when it comes to helping others.

P.S. Love the spring photo. And I think your chair is painted the same color as we just painted our front door. Love that apple green! (But it's not very spring-y in Kansas yet. Latest spring I can remember in many years!)