Monday, April 01, 2013

April Fool's Day


"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones."   ... Proverbs 15:30

********

Happy April Fool's Day!

Did you know some people hate this day? Hmm. I'm thinkin' some people need to lighten up.

Me? What do I hate? 

Sin. Satan.

And the older I get, the more I'm determined to hate nothing else, especially not holidays, ironing, grocery shopping, mowing the lawn (yeah, I'm still working on that one. Flying, too.) or paying bills, washing dishes or driving in traffic . Life is way too short for hating things, especially things we must do or politics/policies/people we can't change! Why live these fleeting years with your panties all in a bunch?

Why, indeed?

So again..... Happy April Fool's Day to you. Have some fun with it!


********

(Have you noticed I'm getting edgier in this blog? Since I'm edgier in-person, I figured my blog should catch-up with the real me. heh.)


********

Well, I got Tom off to his brand new job this morning, sent him away with a lunch, a pep talk and a kiss and in just a couple hours I'll find out how things went.

Two new jobs within just one year! That's a huge change for us, but you know? When you're following God, you've got to become pliable and comfortable with adventure, otherwise, well, you'll be one of those Christians who God must drag around by the neck, kicking and screaming. And don't we already have enough of those?

I'm thinking, yes. We do.  :)


********

It's a brand new month with brand new coupons out there online! Go and print some now while you can, ok?

Here are some to get your printer warmed-up.

**********

Proverbs 15:15 
"All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."


"But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful."   ... Psalm 68:3

***************

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I did notice that Debra ! Love ya !
Hope Tom had a wonderful day on his new job !

K.E. said...

Good luck to Tom. Hope it's smooth sailing for you both!

Bonnie said...

Happy April Fool's Day, Debra!....and thank you for your kind words and prayers. I am soliciting prayers from everyone I come into contact with. It's a privilege to pray.