Tuesday, April 09, 2013

And I'm Off To The 1930's ...


 



"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish."  Jeremiah 31:25



******



Oh wow... If you're feeling discouraged today, listen to this song and it will fix you right up! Incredible.


*****


And if you're needing a vacation from this modern world, how about taking a trip with me back to the 1930's? I think that's where I'll hang-out today.

1930's fashion

1930's decorating ideas

1930's magazine covers

1930's and 40's magazine articles

1930's and 40's radio shows

1930's music

... not that this world has ever (since Early Garden of Eden) been without its many sins and faults. Uh, no. Not even in the 1930's, 40's and 50's which people like to label as The Good Old Days. I've done some digging online and found they had their share of sin as well. Er hem.

But sometimes it's just pleasant to visit a world of one's own when times spin all wildly or when you simply prefer something different, something which already happened so it cannot change further. Often it's those out-of-our-control changes which entice us to escape to lands of normalcy, familiarity or of imagination where you know nothing will have moved since your last visit.

And thank-goodness, the ultimate place for that is right beside the God who never changes, the One who remains the same in His constant love and concern for us. I'm certain I'll find Him there waiting on my 1930's trip today, too.  


**********

"I the Lord do not change... "   ... Malachi 3:6


"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."   ... Psalm 63:3


**************


A passionate love for Jesus changes everything.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think I will join you Debra !

Debra said...

Elizabeth--yay! I'll see you there! :)

Echoes From the Hill said...

Thanks for these links! I am definitely going to listen to some of the radio shows.

I checked out the furnishings and fashions. I have always been drawn to that era, and I bought two 1930's-40's sofa's at auctions and an upholstered chair at a garage sale. All have been reupholstered but I tried to stay with the period look. It is such a comfortable, simple look that makes one think of a simpler time.

We've come a long way, but I'm not sure it is always the right way.
nancyr

Anonymous said...

No time today to check out links...busy packing and sorting again...but I do think even the time of our childhood was so much less complicated...and had more time for living, dreaming, etc. Sometimes I do miss it!!
Elizabeth in VA