Monday, August 25, 2008

Saying Good-bye to The Pantry


Today I said good-bye to our baking pantry. Not that it's walking away, or anything.... Rather, I gave this room to Tom because he needs a room downstairs and I have my own two rooms upstairs. Tom's not able to race up and down the stairs all day long like I am, and well, so, he deserves a room of his own down here. (The baking pantry was the only spare room. Trust me, I searched for another one.)

It's a tiny space, but it does have tons of storage and a wall area for him to display some of his diecast cars. He might even be able to squeeeeeze in a work table if he tweeks things just so.

Part of me will miss the ol' baking pantry--I had tons of kitchen and linen-type stuff stored in there. I'm still carrying half of it upstairs to be added to the chaos of our storage area.

Yet another part of me has an ulterior motive (don't we all usually have at least one ulterior motive?). :) Well, maybe you don't, but here's mine... In future weeks when Tom asks (as he invariably will), "Where's my drill/sander/tools/chargers??," I'll be able to quip, "All I know is that it's supposed to be in your work room." Rather than my having to search the whole first floor for whatever is currently lost. Which is a whole lot of what I've been doing lately.

But now? If I come across something of Tom's, I'll just toss it inside his work room, right on top of the piles-of-junk-to-come (Tom is a sweetheart, but he's an extremely unorganized sweetheart). And I'll ask for Grace to keep me from being bothered by the mess in there.

(But if that doesn't work, I'll string-up a curtain.) heh.

4 comments:

smilnsigh said...

At first, I thought you were dismantling it. Oh sigh.

But no. Just changing its purpose. Excellent!

Miss Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh' blog

Andylynne said...

That is an adorable room. And you are a sweetie for thinking of his needs. That is very nice and with lots of space you may be surprised what he does with it. And then again maybe not LOL.

Myrna said...

Hiya Debra!
I'm trying to catch up on my blogging friends, between laundry and ironing..and we leave again Thursday to visit our best friends in San Diego! Whew!
I'm loving wandering thru your farmhouse--good idea to start a new blog on that!
'Tis sweet of you to make a space for your hubby!! ;-)
TTFN!
Myrn

Betsy Mc said...

I love your new photo blog! Thanks for letting me tour your home.

My DH has the garage (well, he shares it with the car but...). When he asks for awhatchamacallitt I just blink a couple of times and say, "Is that the notchy thing or the pointy thing?" He hasn't caught on in 40 years that I don't want to know about his tools. I am just happy that he has them and can use them and he has a general idea where they are!

Betsy Mc