Sunday, August 31, 2008



Right now I am reminding myself of my own advice. I've been finishing painting and decorating our upstairs guest room (finally) and before I get totally sick of decorating, I need to stop. Move on. Realize when enough is enough.

Or just stop and take a nap.

I spent way too many years leading an uncomfortable life, sitting upon 'dead horses'(activities which, for a time were alive, God-ordained for me) and expecting those dead horses to carry me along as they previously had. Other times I hesitated to move on because I was too emotionally involved/attached/wrapped-up or getting too many pats on the back.

But God doesn't ask me to do anything for a high approval rating. No, He asks for my obedience because it will accomplish His perfect plans. Or simply because He's testing me in the area of obedience:

Will I obey even though what He's asking doesn't appear to make sense?
Will I go when I'd rather stay?
Will I stay when I'd rather go?
Will I say no when I'd much rather say yes?

All those lessons! But once we can release our own agendas--that's when we are led to the best place. His places. The perfect places He meant for us to be. 

And how exciting to lead that kind of life--and to not fear it.








1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I've been down that exact same path.

Such wise words!