Wednesday, May 30, 2007




What a difference obedience makes.

Yesterday I clearly heard God tell me to cease what I was doing.

--to stop concentrating on the future.

--to stop scheming about alternative plans which are clearly not His plans.

--to stop complaining about the present (and worrying how I'll spend my days), and instead, choose contentment, giving myself permission to be happy.

Well, guess what? Today I've felt a trillion times better than I did yesterday, all because of obedience. Today Life feels amazing, for I've not filled my head with the future, which meant it was available for fun, creative ideas, instead. 

God said He can only bless my obedience in the here and now, not in the past nor in the future (not yet, anyway).

Imagine! Imagine obedience leading to the kind of freedom you feel like celebrating with cartwheels and balloons. Imagine obedience morphing to joy, even when all your circumstances are exactly the same as they were the day prior. Who would have thought it?



******

No comments: