Wednesday, May 30, 2007




Sometimes a girl, even an aging girl like me, just needs to go shopping. 

This year is nearly half over (can you believe that?) and yet all I'd bought so far (besides groceries) were a few dvd's, dishtowels and blouses (the latter from our nifty thrift shop down the street). 

You go majorly decluttering your house and you become afraid to bring home more junk you might have to sort through later.

But I got out this morning, early, before all the cars and weeping children came out, drove to the next-town-over and went to just one shopping center before I came home around an hour-and-a-half later.

I know, I know. "You call that shopping?"

Yep, for me, it's enough. Enough time to buy enough stuff and feel grateful to return home . Which I am--glad to be home, that is. It's pleasant to do and see different things, to browse shelves of new, colorful things, but it's even nicer to return amongst my own old memory-infused possessions.

Besides, since I have everything I need, (basically), that good ol' verse tends to haunt me while I shop: "His heart does safely trust in her." Yep, in money areas (and others), I want that verse to ring true in my case, regarding Tom's heart and his safely trusting in me. So well, the less time I shop, the fewer dollars I'll likely spend.

And now you'll have to excuse me while I go hang my new flamingo-colored bath towels with the mint green hand towels. I can't wait to see how they'll brighten our bathroom.




I love towels which don't just have the same ol' same ol' texture (click to enlarge).  How about you?

No comments: