Saturday, June 07, 2014

The Cat and The Nightmare

                             "According to your faith let it be done to you..."   ... Matthew 9:29



*****

So last night I had a rare nightmare and just at the worst part, I felt a couple gentle touches to my face.

I opened my eyes and saw Daniel The Cat staring at me. Lennon used to wake me from nightmares, also, Lennon who I still miss sometimes, that is, until I remind myself how thoughtful God was to direct us to Daniel and there'd be no him without our loss.

When Daniel saw that I was awake, he returned to the foot of my bed there in my tiny closet room, made a couple circles, then curled up and went back to sleep.

Life with God--even in something bad, He brings along sweet and good things, but we must watch for them and discipline our heart and mind to expect the best, not the worst. And believe and speak of things which are lovely, lovely like being awakened from a nightmare by a friend.



*******

Of course, after rescuing me from that nightmare, I forgave Daniel for, earlier that night, using my new slipper chair to sharpen his claws(!)

*****



“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”   ...   Matthew 6:26

"Can you draw negativity into your life? Yes, you can. It's easy. Just let negativity consume your thoughts, then your words, and it will spill out into your life. You'll draw in exactly what you really don't want. Doubt builds upon doubt. Fear builds upon fear. Worry builds upon worry. They all draw negative things into your mind first, then into your mouth, and then, into your life. Be positive!"   ... Jesse Duplantis

"We refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ."   ... 2 Corinthians 10:5 



*****

Tom and I finished re-watching Heroes and so we 'needed' a new series to watch. Enter Covert Affairs. By way of Amazon Prime, we've watched 6 or 7 episodes, ones which seem rather Alias-like to me (that's good) and ones we're enjoying much. We're still amazed at how often we find fun new-to-us series! (If this one becomes terrible, don't tell me. heh.)


*****

I found this article inspirational:


10 People Whose Lives Began at 60


*****


Free Kindle books as of today, June 7th:


Prize of My Heart

Praying God's Word for Your Life

3 comments:

Pam said...

Life isn't always easy--in fact it can nearly break us, but I believe God wants to help us through every aspect of it. Even when I mess up and make wrong choices that have consequences, He stands by me, teaching me, and helping me to learn new lessons. When I am a victim of someone else's sin, He continues to stay by my side. Your recent posts reminded me of Corie Ten Boom's story. While she and her sister were imprisoned in a concentration camp, they thanked God for the lice that afflicted them, because the lice kept the guards away. Most of us will never encounter that type of "prison" but we can learn from Corie's perspective: "There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still."

Terra said...

You are right to keep on the look out for good things that come out of bad events. Like your adorable Daniel who woke you from a nightmare.

Debra said...

Pam--yes. I believe God is constantly there to calm our hearts in all situations! And when He is most important to us, we will not be shaken from our foundation, especially when He is our whole foundation...

Terra--yes, truly here is always good in every bad thing--if only if that one good thing is God, Himself! (But a sweet cat is nice, too.) :)

Thanks, Ladies!