Tuesday, June 03, 2014

I See Heavenly People :)


"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love Him."   ... 1 Corinthians 2:9

*****


When media people said that Memorial Day was the unofficial start of summer, my mouth dropped open. "Who wants to rush through and shorten Springtime, for goodness sake? It's the stuff of dreams, especially after such a long, icy winter." Gah.

May you never rush any season of your life, not even the average or learning or testing ones. They all sail past too fast on their own already and then they're gone forever. And eventually, so are we.


*****

Yesterday I began trimming our hedges the old-fashioned way, just one (or two) branches at a time. It felt more real than using the battery-powered trimmer (though I will need that for the top).

But there in the sun-dappled afternoon quiet I snipped, snipped, snipped the branches and thought about the people I know in Heaven. I pictured their glowing faces and saw them in Lightshine and happy groups, stopping at outdoor cafe's (can you imagine that coffee?!), greeting others there and chatting about what new places they'd visited and who they'd met and what they'd learned there. And rejoicing with all their heart at the goodness of God to provide them with such a marvelous eternal Life.

I often 'see' those people and Heaven in my thoughts. Their happiness has become such a surety for me that almost never do I feel sad about their earthly departure. Wishing them back feels too selfish now.

It's so pleasant taking little tastes of the wonder that is to come. Maybe these sips, these imaginings, will help me fit right into Heaven from the first day. As though I've truly come home. Finally.



*****


My miracle pansies. They survived beneath months of snow and acted like hardy perennials rather than the annuals that we call them.

And as with much of gardening, there is a lesson in that.

*****


Free Kindle books as of today, June 3rd:





*****



My new Ebay sundrops opened this week. I first grew these out at the farm, loved them, and wanted some here at Hobbit Cottage.

*****

Thank-you all so very much for your kind words about my upcoming 10-year blogging anniversary. You're the best!

*****



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys some time pondering what our loved ones gone ahead are doing now...I find such a pleasurable thing to do and also like you, helps me not wish them back. But I still miss them!!
Elizabeth in WA