Saturday, April 07, 2012

Weeping, Laughing, Mourning, Dancing

"The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over."

"And God told Joshua, 'Moses my servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them..."  ... Deuteronomy 34:8 and Joshua 1:2


*********


So those are the verses God brought to my mind yesterday while I ate my second dark chocolate bar of the week and also during Tom's and my BK hamburgers and fries for dinner (when I usually just have toast). God said Friday was to be my last real day of mourning for our friend, John, and certainly the final day of using chocolate to get through it.

He told me Saturday would be a new day.

And don't you just love new days?

God has much for each of us to do and He longs for us to burst out from behind our own tiny, comfortable worlds within our own four walls. There's a huge hurting world out there, after all! And He's given each of us gifts and a purpose so to aid that big world... and after His appointed days of mourning (which varies for each of us), there comes a time to return to that purpose for which He created us. To again get busy being a blessing to others.

And those are my thoughts on this new day.



****************


Thanks for your prayers for my back! By noon yesterday it was nearly normal. Trust me, I am soooo grateful!

****************

An Old Schoolhouse Becomes a Cozy Cottage. Loved this!

****************

Ack! Please keep our friend, Donna, in your prayers. She's having tremendous pain in all her joints and will be at the hospital again today. She's the sweetest person, ever, and deserves only the best. Thanks so much.

****************


Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5



To everything there is a season, a time, and a purpose under Heaven. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..."  Ecclesiastes 3:1,4

******************

2 comments:

Saija said...

i get comfort from the verse you used, weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning ... in this life - and the life to follow - may it be so!

blessings on you guys!

Pat said...

I enjoyed this post full of Debra Sonshine!
"A time and purpose for every season"...yes! The time for mourning and the time for laughing. God will take care of us in every season!
Happy Easter!