Thursday, April 23, 2009

Major This and That



Here's a book I ordered--can't wait until it arrives! I think it'll be exactly what I've wanted to find. Here's a tiny blurb about it:



"Chapters are devoted to useful, transferable skills, including:
Preserving garden food
Saving freezer food during a power outage
Managing through an earthquake
Preparing quick herbal medicinals
Foraging for wild food
A humorous treatment of a sometimes threatening topic, this book will appeal to both long-time food security advocates and newcomers to the topic who are wary of it all and would prefer to avoid it."



Read more about it here.



In other news--

 Here are the flowers Tom gave me on Easter morning:



I love the red with the gold of our walls! 

I'll be planting them alongside the house tomorrow, for we are due for days and days of over 70 degrees. I awoke this morning at 4:00 a.m., finally getting up at 4:30, because the thought of sunny 70 degree days--and the death of winter-- made too many happy songs play inside my head.

And lastly, here is another of our $1 yard sale chairs:

2 comments:

Echoes From the Hill said...

Nice find!

Isn't it fun decorating with frugal treasures? Your decorating is very creative and much more interesting than the having everything that matches!

Tracy said...

Wow, what a deal!

Our highs will be in the 80s this week. :)