Saturday, September 30, 2006

What We Found...


 You can see some of our recent estate sale fun here. 

The mirror was just $5 and someday I'll paint it (the scroll-type stuff at the top makes it special, imo). Tom paid a bit more for the table than I would have and I'll paint it, also, to match the mirror.

And we both loved this coffee table. And true, it's very un-Craftsman-furniture-like. But we've found that what 'they say' is true: buy what you love and --somehow--it will all fit together. As with everything else, it, too, will get a coat of paint someday. But even for now, all these new-to-us things look sweet in our home.

And I bought this lampshade for just $3. I believe these were popular in the 1920's? 30's? It sits on a lamp which I've been meaning to--shock--repaint.

I try always to carry an expectation that God will lead us to sales with something which will make us gasp with delight. Do we always find something everywhere we go? No, of course not. But the spirit of expectation, itself, fills our days with smiles around our eyes and it far outweighs living with the ol' spirit of nothing-good-ever-happens-to-me-and-God-doesn't-care-about-that-kind-of-stuff-anyway.

No comments: