Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Walking Right Past Intimidation


Intimidation:

To make timid; fill with fear.
To coerce or inhibit by or as if by threats.

****

If you've ever stepped out to do what God specifically created you to, someone has--I'm betting--attempted to stop you. 

They've tried to make you feel too weak for it or too uneducated or just the wrong sex, as in, "If you're a woman, forget it. God created women to stay home and not only keep house, but keep quiet."

Trust me, I've heard it all before. And who's the person most likely to intimidate you? satan--the accuser of the brethren. He'll use anyone (even ourselves) to make us feel fear-filled, unworthy and incapable of doing what God created us to do. He always aims to ruin God's perfect plans.

It's up to us, not to let satan foil God's plans for us.

Don't let anyone confuse you or keep you from fulfilling your God-created purpose in Life. You have a specific job to do--do it. Burst through any wall of fear, if you must. You won't know peace or feel complete until you do.

But! Not with a growling, "I'll show you! How dare you try to hold me back!" attitude. Uh, no--for motives matter. Always have, always will--and love matters most of all.

"Let all that you do be done in love."   ... I Corinthians 16:14

Instead, just continue down your road, walking beside Jesus, listening intently to His instructions and then carrying them out in great peace, in joy, in love. And someday, perhaps soon, maybe faraway, everyone will comprehend your calling... and stand in silent awe.




******



And in case you're wondering, no, no one has tried intimidating me lately. Last year, yes, (and various people over other decades), but not recently. This subject just came to mind--ok, I'll say it--while I was watching another episode of Fringe.... and it brought up some old memories. :)

*******


"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."   ... Galations 3:28

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..."   ... Jeremiah 1:5

A person's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?"   ... Proverbs 20:24  (or as I like to say, 'If half the time we don't understand what God's trying to do with us, how can we expect other people to get it?')


No comments: