Sunday, January 04, 2009



Okay. Regarding my, Why I Don't Like Parties post. After reading some of your comments I guess I should add this:

I love gatherings of 1 to 4 people. Love them.

Tiny gatherings like those, to me, do not remotely resemble church parties where the crowds are large and the noise is deafening. Oh, and I forgot to mention that part--it's only within crowds that I notice the hearing loss in my right ear. It's all that background noise which muffles what people are saying/nearly shouting and by the party's end, I'm usually exhausted from my tandem attempts of straining to hear and staring at people's mouths while trying to read their lips.

But tiny, intimate gatherings in homes? Why, those are amazing. Worthwhile things get spoken there, deep subjects are touched upon and that special warmth of camaraderie nearly always appears, as well.

I mean, after all. If I avoided huge, crowded parties and tiny gatherings, well, wouldn't that make me a downright hermit? But I abandoned that 'Life dream' eons ago. heh. I told you about that here, don't you remember?  ツ


****


Romans 12:13
"Contribute to the needs of God's people [sharing in the necessities of the saints]; pursue the practice of hospitality." Amplified


****

2 comments:

Judy said...

I'm okay with the small gatherings, and large family parties are great too.

And, thinking about this caused me to remember that I HAVE met a lot of like minded party attenders on the fringe. I think the hard part for me is that people tend to want to 'draw you in' and what I really want to do is sit on the edge and observe.

It's very true for me that I never know if I'm having a good time until I can get away privately and THINK about it.

(at my son and daughter-in-laws LOVELY wedding reception, i found a 'stampin up!' party in another room and visited with those like-minded people for a bit.)

Jammie J. said...

I'll tell you a secret (you and whoever else reads this comment), when I go to parties, or movies in the theater or dinner in a restaurant, I usually wear ear plugs that have filters in them. I've been doing that for years and years now.

I just can't deal with the all the noise that doesn't make sense. If I don't, then I find myself leaving way stressed out and angry!