Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nearly On Our Way



Well, here's my last post for a few days. Tom and I will be flying out to Oregon tomorrow. We're due at our local Buffalo airport by 5 in the morning (big sigh about the early hour).

Fortunately I began feeling better yesterday afternoon--I even arose from the couch, spilling blankets, kleenex and McCartney The Cat, then mowed the lawn in a very light rain. But it had to be done and it felt wonderful to have energy again. Thanks so much for your prayers! Keep praying, though. As of this moment I've still not packed one single thing.

I spoke with my mom again yesterday and she's doing well, all things considered. She mentioned that my dad's oldest friend, Bob, might not make it for the memorial service on Sunday because his home was, last she heard from him, only ten minutes away from one of the San Diego fires. Any prayer for him and his wife would be appreciated, as well. His first wife passed away a few years ago. I remember as a child visiting them and she would make the best spaghetti in the world, thus spoiling me for life.

When my sister called to tell me of my Dad's passing, she ended the call by saying he'd really been looking forward to seeing us. It occurred to me today that he's still looking forward to seeing us. Knowing him as I do, I'm certain that right this moment he's as impatient as a person can be in Heaven to be joined by the remainder of his family so we can see what he has seen. He always could barely wait to share good things with his family and friends.


******


P.S. My comments will be suspended only while I'm away. Didn't want to return to a comment box filled with spam or other cute things.  😐


*****

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Comfort and lots of love to you and your family.
"The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness..." Isaiah 61:3

Blessings,
Kelly :)

Anonymous said...

My prayers and thoughts are going with you as leave for your trip tomorrow.

Hugs for you Debra.

Saija said...

praying for a hassle free trip for you guys ... and it is good to hear your spiritual voice, coming through so strong ... having said goodbye to my dad 6 years ago, i know the sadness of the earthly parting ... i can only "hope" to see him again, i'm so glad that you KNOW that you will see your dad again ... ((hugs))