Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas Shopping The New-Fashioned Way




Yesterday morning I went Christmas shopping.

The inside of our car was freezing cold at 9:00 a.m., but who cared?

Snow and ice blanketed the roads then, too, and the wind was blowing icy darts, but I didn't even notice. The mall was crowded with people, even so early, but I didn't mind a bit.

For you see, I went Christmas shopping online.

I visited three different stores and didn't use one drop of gas nor did I and I search for, or squeeze into, a single parking space, or get shoved around by that frosty wind while winding through the back 40 of the parking lot.

I was the only person I saw in each store. Blessedly quiet, I didn't hear any screaming children, yelling parents or Christmas Muzak. I even drank coffee while I browsed the shelves.

The stores had exactly what I wanted, everything was in stock.

Always the very first person in line at the check-out, I never waited in long lines resembling a type of purgatory. Nope!

I carried no heavy packages to a freezing cold car in the icy, crowded parking lot. There was no traffic to battle my way through, no gas fumes or stop signs or near misses with other cars.

No, I was home, in my nightgown and robe. Warm and toasty and smiling like a Cheshire cat.


******


Kim reminded me that another advantage of shopping online is the avoidance of shopping in the midst of thousands of sickness germs. Gotta love that, also!


******

No comments: