Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What I Did On My Blogging Vacation

Though technically, I did some of this yesterday after I 'came back' from vacation.


-- I rearranged my dream room after seeing a similar room in an old issue of Mary Engelbret's Home Companion. Magazines are great for seeing your old things in new ways!



--I painted this bookshelf (as well as the floor lamp in the first photo.)


--I framed these old advertising fans which I found cheaply on Ebay in a frame which I found cheaply at Salvation Army. I make my coffee and greet these ladies. "Good morning, Ladies," I say.


--I hung these plates on a rack I found for $1 at a yard sale. (Does anyone know the official name of these 'lady plates' so I can look them up on Ebay? I'd like to find another yellow one.)


--I bought this musty, old book at a junk shop for 75 cents.
I finally started painting this dollhouse which we found three years ago at a yard sale for only $5(!). Key word: started. I'll be working on this for years.







The End.

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

1 comment:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Oh, how fun, Debra! And this will satisfy the artistic side of you very much!

I've always wanted to go to Chicago to see the dollhouses there in a museum.........