Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Guess I've Had It...


Warning: Miss Debra is throwing a rare fit... She apologizes if she offends anyone--but she cannot apologize for her message.

***
Sometimes dark, cloudy days make me think of dark, cloudy things.

And well, sometimes you just have to separate yourself from what feels like death in order to make room for what feels like Life.

And so I did a bit of blog house cleaning today... I deleted some of the blogs in my sidebar, blogs which are nearly always criticizing other people.

I mean, sometimes I wonder--have we all forgotten the ol', "they'll know we are Christians by our love?"

Good grief.

Basically, I've realized that I have no time for Christians who criticize other Christians, especially by name, especially the ones who are 'out there' helping people--and especially when those who are criticizing are only sitting at their computers using them as weapons and helping no one, but just 'spreading strife among the brethren,' (which, incidentally, is listed as one of the things God hates).

And I have no time for those who, with their words, crush and annihilate and condemn Christians in the spotlight who make mistakes. What ever happened to, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"? What happened to aiding, as Good Samaritans, those who have fallen in the road--instead of kicking them while they lie there?

And I have no time for Christians who condemn non-Christians who are out helping thousands and thousands of people but who do not yet know Jesus. I mean, just why would they want to even think about knowing Jesus if His own children are so critical, venomous and cruel?

...how foolish to expect non-Christians to act like they know God when half the time Christians don't even act like they know Him. And how sad to have criticized when we could have prayed--and perhaps witnessed a miracle--instead.

And so a few blogs in my sidebar are now gone. They too often brought these words to mind: "In the Last Days, the love of many will grow cold."

Give me those blogs which illustrate a red-hot love for God, His children and those who need Him so badly--any day. God is love--longsuffering, hoping all things and always believing the best--may I be like that, too.


***

... Oh Lord... If you loved me like people do, I would be in trouble... desperate... and most often, because I am so imperfect--unloved and lonely...

... but thank-you for your greater love... awesome, unconditional love coursing through my veins every day--and show me how to allow that greater love to flow to others.


***
"If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen." ... I John 4:20

No comments: