Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Winter has returned, meaning cold and snow and our yard's Winter Lake, as well.


And here's our lake's mysterious, early morning look.

Gee, I knew I'd be sorry I passed up that perfect pair of ice skates at that yard sale last summer!

I'm not a big fan of winter (well, perhaps winter in Hawaii would be nice!), but I do love our lake. And time to read upstairs in my always-bright guest room. And the occasional snowy day when I remain in my robe. And the slower pace. Always, there's something to like about any change--it just becomes a trick to find it sometimes.

But it is possible and Life feels better, I've noticed, when I concentrate on what I like, rather than what I don't. (Sounds so very simple, but really, it can change a whole life.)


****************************************

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." ... Philippians 4:8

3 comments:

Sara said...

once again; you're speaking my language sister! i sit here in michigan in my robe sipping coffee with a book at my side.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Stay warm.

Your yard's Winter lake is lovely!

Myrna said...

I was telling Steve about your house..the picture you posted a few days ago of your white farmhouse surrounded in snow. How beautiful it looked and how serene.
Then I said "I don't know HOW people LIVE in that! If it were me, I'd stay indoors ALL WINTER! I'd stock up groceries and never leave the house...I'd be too afraid to drive in it!!" And I don't think I'd mind it!
There is something romantic and old-fashioned about being 'snowed in'..and that's what I would "dwell on".. ;-)
Blessings!
Myrn