Monday, March 02, 2009


A huge special thanks to Laura for giving me the gift of a link to the perfect blog, the sort of blog I search for nearly every weekend.

Some of you, too, will love the 16-year-old Everly Pleasant. She and her sisters have this sort of Alcott sisters thing going on (perhaps without even trying) and Everly writes 1800's style with a 21st century twist. Hers is an old soul, my favorite type of soul, and I am beyond enchanted with her blog. Some of you will be, too--I could even name you by name...


(I read Everly's blog and poof! I am 16 once again, full of future dreams and ethereal thoughts and plans to read every lovely book ever written.)

Her little sister, Fairlight Crumb, has a dreamy photo blog and oh the peeks we get into their life and home and yard! Be sure to see her old-fashioned photos, especially.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... And come away inspired to make your own blog a dreamier place to be.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog Debra,it reminds me of the way you write.
Elizabeth

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yes, thank you for linking to Everly. {And I will go to the photo blog too} I left a couple of comments over on Everly's blog.

And told her that I found her, because you linked to her.

Aunt Amelia
"We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be."
~Jane Austen

Robin in New Jersey said...

What an great blog! Thanks for the link. The girl has wisdom beyond her years!

Everly Pleasant said...

How awkward it can be to respond to such sweetness...yet, how much I want to say "Thank you!" Thank you for the touching compliments and the link. It means so much to me to know that God is working through my blog by inspiring or blessing or perhaps simply pleasing other people. Fairlight was starstruck when I showed her what you had written and she exclaimed: "I didn't know anyone read it!" She is talented, isn't she? What is sweet world is the blog world! :)
Have a beautiful day. I look forward to stopping by again soon!
Everly