Tuesday, October 18, 2016

When You Awaken in The Waiting Room


"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise."   ... Jeremiah 17:14


******

I've written a few times from the invisible-to-others waiting room, the place where one sits quietly while healing from emotional stuff lest she becomes a hoarder, eater, recluse or I'll-show-you! controller.

It's like I woke up this morning, gazed around and thought, "No! I'm not here again, am I? It's been years since I needed this annoying place."

Why's it annoying? It's the 'time requirement' for healing. The way you must make shorter To Do Lists and appear like you're sitting around all lazy-like, yet believe, accept, that you're not wasting time though it looks like you are.  And it's the annoying clock across the room which I swear click-clicks backward

In the waiting room, one must give herself permission to sit still, listen, and stare out of windows.

Some healings happen suddenly. But the stacked-hurt-upon-hurt-you-tried-to-ignore kind? You can't rush those kinds of sutures. They come only by way of silence, God-whispered lessons and a surgery-like repair and girding of the heart. And time. Slowed down, waaaait-for-it time.

But lovely things can happen in the waiting room, also. 

Like, the sweetest reading material arrived for me from two dear old friends who, like me, had no idea I was even in this place.

Here's just half of what they snuck into me:



I became all teary-eyed with gratitude that God asked my friends to send me perfect gifts during this time of healing. He loves me that much and wow, my friends obeyed that still, small voice.

How sweet must be our obedience to God.

Anyway, the complete healing will come. Always, the waiting room door eventually swings open and everything good in this Life sweeps you back outside and twirls you around until that room, those hours and days, are barely a memory in all your newness of life.








******

Other friends have also spoken the kindest words to me lately, made me smile and feel grateful while sitting here. I do thank each of you.


******


In the stillness around here, I did cover one bathroom wall with wallpaper and decided to just leave it that way (rather than two walls). Finally, a bit of character in our grey bathroom. I like it.









******




 



“Pain is a pesky part of being human, I've learned it feels like a stab wound to the heart, something I wish we could all do without, in our lives here. Pain is a sudden hurt that can't be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing. Pain feels like a fast stab wound to the heart. But then healing feels like the wind against your face when you are spreading your wings and flying through the air! We may not have wings growing out of our backs, but healing is the closest thing that will give us that wind against our faces.” 
― C. JoyBell C.


******


Free Kindle Book:


Cappucinos, Cupcakes and a Corpse (Finished this one and enjoyed it.)

Carved in Stone

3 comments:

Robin in New Jersey said...

(((((Debra))))) So sorry you are going through a rough time. Prayers coming your way. Keep the faith.

Pam said...

It seems like much of life is spent in the waiting room. Sometimes, I think we go through entire seasons of waiting. It's not a place that I would choose, but it has a purpose for each of us. Deb, I will pray for you as you wait on the Lord. The great thing about waiting on God is that He ALWAYS shows up.

BTW, I love the bathroom wallpaper!

Betsy said...

I feel as though I know what you're going through although we each have our own trials to bear in this life. Much of this last year has been in waiting for me too. But God is there. In the stillness of the waiting room He's just waiting for me to turn my face and my thoughts to Him and He will give me comfort and healing.

Praying for you my friend. AND...I love the wallpaper too!
Blessings,
Betsy