Monday, October 03, 2016

Why We Must Heal

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful servants."   ... Psalm 116:15


******


So after probably 80 hours of watching Hoarders, ol' Debra looks rather like this--




---and she's thinking about this:

Death and life go together. You can't (on this planet, anyway) have one without the other.

But try telling some of those hoarders, that! Oh dear. I mean, I understand becoming horribly crushed when someone you loved suffered a violent death or even, an early one. Yes, that would be dreadful and could require much help from relatives, friends, therapists and especially God, Himself.

Yet to ruin the remainder of your life with debilitating grief because your parent or spouse died after age 70 or 80? For me, wow. I don't get it.

We live. We die. That's how it works. And what matters most here, is how we live and for Whom we live. It matters that we allow God to heal our hurts so we can move on and, in joy, complete our specially-designed, God-given mission in helping others. So we can enter Heaven having finished what He meant us to do.

Ok, yes. This is a huge subject to tackle in a blog post--so I won't. Tackle it, that is.

Instead, I'll just send you to this post---

The Necessity of Your Own Life

---one of the most important in this blog, one I share every few years in case my new readers missed it.

I mean, hey. What if I began seeing dear readers of mine on upcoming episodes of Hoarders partly because I chickened out of broaching this vital, heavy subject? 

Now, that would be hard to get over. Heaven forbid.









   


******


"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'"   ... Mark 12:30

(The death of others isn't as shocking and debilitating when, all along, we've loved God and relied upon Him more than anyone else.)


"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."   ...  Philippians 1:21


"Some day you will read in the papers that D.L. Moody of East Northfield, is dead. Don't you believe a word of it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now; I shall have gone up higher, that is all, out of this old clay tenement into a house that is immortal- a body that death cannot touch, that sin cannot taint; a body fashioned like unto His glorious body."
    Author: D.L. Moody



******


Free Kindle Book:


Crashing Into Love


******

2 comments:

Pam said...

I just love that Moody quote!! My brother always says "The best is yet to come," and I agree. Sometimes we get so caught up in our lives, that we forget what has been promised to those who believe in Jesus.

Betsy said...

Amen! D.L. Moody has some great quotes and this one is one of the best. I just had quite an interesting conversation with my doctor on this very subject. He is a Christian and believes exactly as you wrote. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Betsy