Thursday, October 27, 2016

A Bit of Fun (And Don't We All Need That?)

I'm thinking Autumn flew in to Hobbit Cottage:



... and around the block, too:







And when Winter arrives, will Debra do her usual complaining? Not this year! No, not after my bad, bad Summer. Ugh. (When ol' find-the-blessings Pollyanna says that, you know things were impossible.) Record heat, humidity, grouchy folks and disagreements, being cheated out of puttering, walking or reading outside, etc.--this summer flaunted it all.

Boo. Hiss. I, for one, am thankful to pull a curtain across it. 




(And don't come back.)   :)


******

Have I driven the new car yet? Are you kidding? That thing is so complicated that it took me 2 weeks to figure out how to use the doors. 

No, really.

If you've got the key in your pocket (I could remember that part), you can unlock the door by curving your hand around the handle. If you want to lock it, you touch some nearly invisible dots.

On our first outings, I got it backwards.
Then I couldn't remember where the dots were. Tom would walk away to estate sales--I'd be left behind trying to lock up. In the rain.

Twice that car snickered at me. I swear I heard it. 

At this rate, it'll be years before I actually drive the thing. When you've never dealt well with technology, mechanical stuff or change, you're gonna need to pray for the very spirit of God to help you.

But then, that's how I'm trying to live my entire life--wholly throwing myself upon God's grace and mercy. 

Total dependence upon God--it's the only way I want to live now.







******

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."   ...  Galations 2:20


******







And if I was queen? All political ads would resemble this one. (Please don't be afraid to view it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. )  




******




(I get that. More than you think I do.)   :)


******


Free Kindle Books:


The Teacup Novellas

Don't Wait for Me




Life with God in 2016 is still wonderful. I don't care who tells you otherwise.

******

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I LOVED that ad. I laughed out loud. I did! I'm so tired of anger, hatred and the ugliness of our political ads. I don't know anyone who isn't so why do they keep making them? Also, I agree about the new cars. When I looked at that car last week, I couldn't get over all the new technology, aka, things that can...and will go wrong and break. I do not like that key in the pocket system. Fall is good and truly here. I'm ready to hunker down for a few months and stay inside.
Blessings,
Betsy

Judy said...

Our previous car was like that. I drove it a grand total of ONE time.
I'm struggling to look on the bright side lately. Not quite there YET, but I'm also trying to work through some things without just throwing "happy" all over it, if you know what I mean. It's hard work, some days.

Anonymous said...

Debra, we once rented a car and literally could not figure out how to start it!!!! We bought a new car in 2011 with all sorts of bells and whistles that I STILL do not use and do not know how to work!!!! Crazy! There's no such thing anymore as "basic transportation" that simply gets you from point A to point B!

Pam said...

Love that ad! Let's put that family in the White House--they're so real. As for new cars, we've had ours for nearly two years, and I'm still sorta scared of it. Funny story: hub and I were driving in an unknown area, looking for a street. I'm craning my neck, looking out my window, he's looking everywhere, then all of a sudden, we both remember we have this high tech screen below the dash that tells all the streets, roads, etc. We both agreed we're country bumpkins who'd much prefer fewer gadgets. In fact, we often take his old truck out for drives because it doesn't have all those interactive tones and messages bleeping at us. I have become my mother when it comes to technology.