Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Free Vacation For You!


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]"   ... Matthew 11:28


*****

Did you really look at that photo? I wasn't going to tell you, but ... It was taken in Florida and that's where I currently am. 

Yes! I'm sitting right there in the yard, staring at the gorgeous trees, green grass and back meadow, recuperating from this long, frozen winter. Oh, the gentle breeze here, the silence, the healing as I brush the grass with my fingers and lean back and let the sun warm my face.

Okay, okay. My body is actually still here in this ice tray called Buffalo. :)

But my heart! My heart can be anywhere it wants and today it wants to be inside this photo of Kim's former yard which she shared at Facebook.

After all, even the Bible says,


"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."      ... Luke 12:34  ...


... and I treasure beautiful places like the one, above. Dreamy places where Life feels Good and you just know fairies hide behind trees and God sits beside you, watching your face as you drink it all in, smiling at your joy.

Today you can go anywhere you wish! For free. For relaxation, rest and peace.

Today. Tomorrow. Next week. Your vacation will begin the moment you set down your suitcases of burdens, leave them with God and keep on walking. 

Jesus never meant for us to carry our own burdens--we must leave them behind, otherwise we'll be too heavy to fly.  We'll bog down before we get to where we're longing to go.









*********

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”   ... Matthew 11:29,30

"Oh, give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endures forever.a'   ... Psalm 136:1


*****


Do be sure to click and enlarge Kim's heavenly photo!


*****


Long winters don't have to be burdens if you've taught your heart to take you on journeys. 

*****

Oh wow. If you enjoyed the first Jeff Gordon "test drive ad" you'll especially love this. 

(Tom and I find this kind of thing hilarious. Your results may be different. heh.)


2 comments:

Pam B said...

Debra, I'm heading to Hill Country in Texas to see my son and daughter-in-law. It's 70 degrees, the sun is shining and I smell barbequed brisket in the smoker. Oh yeah, our forecast is calling for ice and snow accumulation of 6-8 inches this weeekend. My mind is staying in Texas, though.

Debra said...

Good for you, Pam! Maybe in all our heart travels we will see each other--do be sure to wave, ok? :) (I do thank you for playing along...) Blessings, Debra