Thursday, April 22, 2010

Of Earth Day




Happy Earth Day! 

I'm thankful there's a day to celebrate gratitude for this planet God created for us and to think about ways to care for it better. 

All of God's gifts should be treated with respect, appreciation, especially this huge gift--planet Earth! I'm always searching for ways to leave a smaller carbon footprint, myself. And no, it's not easy, but Life's large things seldom are simple. 

Why do we expect otherwise?

Yesterday I began my famous 'sit down gardening' out in my garden. How lovely to sit there beneath the sun with my trusty trowel, feeling the trees, the birds, the beauty around me, while de-weeding my first garden row of the springtime. Inch by inch, truly, everything's a cinch--and that saying reminds me that if God has given me a thing to do, then He's also given me the ability to do it. 

Yet sometimes I must search for the way or listen for it--it's usually not obvious.

And often? The way is inch by inch, for God, I've noticed, is never in a hurry. We are, though! So when my head feels that whirring, hurry!, feeling--most likely--that means somewhere I made a wrong move, a bad decision, as in procrastinating till the last second.

Have you ever seen this sign in businesses? "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part." 

I'm thinking God just might have that sign hanging beside His throne in Heaven. ツ



******

"The Earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof."



******

Earth Day free stuff.




*****

No comments: