Monday, February 16, 2009



Yesterday our sky was bright with sun so in the afternoon I threw on Tom's jacket by the kitchen door then sloshed around our yard. 

I picked up dead branches and some boards flung outside our new garage, boards which had messed with the whole chi, feng shui, whatever outside our kitchen window. (Note to self: next Autumn make sure the yard is picked up before the snow flies.)

I slid through some mud and wandered behind the barn to the Bunny Pasture where I'll create my Secret Garden--or start to, anyway--this Spring. Man, it's a huge area back there. And yet I insisted to Tom I would do all the work myself. Hmm. I may rethink that.

Or not. I don't know. It sounds exciting to work on a project so beyond my own capabilities--not so that I can say "I did it all myself" (though that may be part of it, I confess). But rather, if the dream inside my brain becomes reality, well, it will require a miracle and miracles are all about God. 

And I prefer being involved in projects which are all about Him.

But the worst thing would be for me to become overwhelmed and afraid of the whole huge project. Becoming overwhelmed and fearful is like inviting your body to become paralyzed. 

And who wants that?

Instead, may I respect the seasons and projects God has for me in their correct timing--and then be blessed with grace and strength while being obedient.




******

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven..." ... Ecclesiastes 3:1

..." it's the joy of the Lord which is my strength..."


"I would have missed out on so many things in Life if I had not simply done them." Ann Kiemel Anderson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fear is this funny interesting thing. Sometimes fear is healthy (like fear of sky diving). But sometimes the thing we fear is exactly the thing we should do. Good luck. I know I'm not alone when I say we are all dying to see your future Secret Garden.

Donetta said...

Perhaps several stakes and twine to mark it off and then inch by inch foot by foot turn it into the wonder. Starting with trees and slow growers get your foundation up. Sis just start at the beginning. You're gonna see. Your just a vessel for the dream to be fulfilled through. GOD "gives us" the desires of our hearts (puts them in there).
I saw no way to do what I am doing , but then I was looking at the final thing not the days labor and joy.
I thought that because the dream of the forest home would not happen I gave it up...Now I see living the dream here doing what I can do to fulfill it is what it is all about.
Do what your able.
He will make a way for the rest.