Sunday, September 09, 2007

If you've been over to my Autumn Around Here blog, you've already seen these photos.

And this is probably neither here nor there, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

...this house was demolished.

During a countryside drive last week, Tom and I went past this old building, except that it was no longer there. This old stone house of which I'd taken pictures last Autumn, was gone!

I had a near conniption fit (I hate it when history gets imploded--not one brick was left) and the strangest feeling, as well... For the first time, I'd actually saved a house with my camera. Because I took a photo, in a small way, this house will be remembered. The quiet hillside is empty in real-life, but not in my photo.

And in all the bitter-sweetness, I had to smile. With gratitude.

No comments: