Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Name of a House



My house has a name. Does yours?

I think it's important to name your home. To give it a title of what you envision it becoming.

Some people wait to choose their home's name. They wait until it is all fixed-up, repaired and decorated.Not me. I gave my house a name a few years ago.

You can tell a lot about a house by its name. I named ours Autumn Cottage.

And it's been that name which has guided all my decisions concerning the repairing, refurbishing and redecorating of my house. I love Autumn and I love cottages and that title has become my goal. My dream.

My dream is to have Autumn year-around inside my house.

Names are important for people, too. It matters what you call yourself. It's important to give yourself a name which is something good to live up to.

But many people call themselves terrible names and they live up to those.

I hope the names you give yourself are good ones. You can tell a lot about a person by the names which he calls himself.

And really, I would love to know the name of your house if you have given it one. If you haven't, today would be a wonderful time in which to do so.

I'd love to see a long, long list of names of homes in my comment box...

***

No comments: