Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Guess Whose Birthday Is Today?


If you guessed Debra's, then give yourself ten points and a piece of birthday cake!

This birthday marches me a little closer to the huge 5-0, but you know what? I can only anticipate turning 50 in a handful of years. Why? Because I am now ever so much happier than I was at 30 and at this rate, the joy at 50 just might be overwhelming.

Life with God is like that, or rather, it can be--as long as I aim to know Him, keep up with my homework and don't try to slide by.

So let me encourage you if you are young and unhappy like I once was:

Don't let anyone tell you that your best days are behind you--
Never lose your hope anywhere along the path--
Set aside time for just you and God each day--
And expect good things from a good God.

And may all your birthdays--and normal days--be sweet.

***

No comments: